Friday, January 25, 2008

The Show "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER?'

When I first got here in US, I always watch alot of shows and movies. I seen entertaining shows and movies that I've never seen before. There are alot of channels to choose too. Its really different of what we have in the Philippines. I loved to watch the movies from channel LMN, Fox,reality shows, scifi and alot more. Being always at work i missed alot of shows but not really because I can save shows that i really want and watch it when i get home from work. One of the saved shows in my DVR is the show "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER?". I saved "American Idol" season seven for this year 2008 and i loved "Prison Break"and "Dancing with the Star" too. Those are some shows that i saved. Lately, i seen the advertisement of this new game show entitled " The moment of truth" . I missed to watch its first show but i will not next time because its included now in my saved shows in my DVR.

While watching on the show "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER?", my mind told me to put those questions that they have in the show here in my blog site so i have copies of it and its interesting to do. I learned alot of things in this show that i don't really know before. And also i want to share things that i learned from this show to all of you out there or you can try to watch the show with yourself.Its really fun and you will learn alot from it.

In this show they have actual school kids who will help the contestant to get prices and go on to the one million dollar question. Isn't that interesting that word "One million dollar"? I really want to be in that show but I'm afraid to be eliminated in the first question. well,well, well it's not the show for me to pursue but i just wanna learned things.



Episode date : January 24,2008
Channel : FOX
Start time : 8:00-10:00pm eastern time

JEFF FOXWORTHY host of the show and lets meet the school kids CODY, MACKENZIE, SIERRA, NATHAN and OLIVIA. And our contestant for today is BRIAN 25 years old , a paramedic and he is so handsome but then I'm so sad he is already engaged. Thats OK! I got my man already. On the show they have a surprise visiting class for Brian and his wife to be , the DALLAS COWBOY CHEERLEADERS (Sarah,Megan,Christina,Nicole and Makenzi), they will help Brian in the show to win too. Brian is a football fan thats why the the Dallas cowboys cheerleaders are on the show.

Here are the Questions/Answers:


$1,000 question------> { 1st Grade Animal Science }

True or False
A spider is an Insect.

Answer: False
Spider is an arachnid
Insects have 6 legs.
Spiders have 8 legs.



$2,000 question------> { 1st Grade Art}

True or False
Gluing macaroni onto a picture frame
is an example of macrame.


Answer: False
Macrame is the use of decoratively
knotted rope for hanging pots.



$5,000 question------> {3rd Grade Math}


Nathan's bedroom is in the shape of a rectangle,
measuring seven feet by thirteen feet. How many
square feet are there in his bedroom?

Answer: 91 square feet
7 x 13=91



$10,000
question------> {3rd grade English}

What is the singular form of the word "LICE"?

Answer: Louse




$25,000 question------> {2nd Grade Measurement}

Zero degrees Celsius is equivalent to how many
degrees Fahrenheit?

Answer: 32 degrees Fahrenheit




$50,000 question------> {2nd Grade World Geography}

The Caribbean sea is part of which ocean?

Answer: Atlantic Ocean




$100,000 question------> {4th Grade U.S. Geography}

How many U.S. States are located North of
the tropic of cancer?

Answer: 49 U.S. States



Conclusion: Brian drop out and took the money of $50,000

His last words on the show were:

"My name is Brian. I may help save life but I am not
smarter than a fifth grader!!".


C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S B R I A N !
!!


Question for all of you

What is the only U.S. State whose name has only one syllable?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maine.

ailen said...

You got the correct answer geoff!!thanks for stopping by.